Shinobi Generations

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 252 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Darkprincess!

Latest topics

» demon slayer: rising! an au demon slayer rp
by Jikan Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:39 pm

» SHIBUI: AN AU NARUTO RP
by Aries Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:23 pm

» SG Systems | Specialty Guide
by Bastian Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:35 pm

» SG Rules | Site Wide Combat Etiquette
by Bastian Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:34 pm

» Ranking Guide
by Bastian Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:19 pm

» Lochland Grove[Jcink] : Real Life, Town, Sandbox
by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:28 am

» Naruto: New Era
by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:39 pm

» HeliX || JCInk Premium || An AU X-Men RPG
by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:01 pm

» (Jcink) Fodlan Chronicles; A Fire Emblem Based RP
by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:55 am

» DragonBall Continuum
by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:00 am

» Naruto Beginnings
by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:51 pm

» Ex Malo Bonum
by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:51 pm

» The Power of Belief [JCINK PREM] - Rise of the Guardians RPG
by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:48 pm

» Smoke & Mirrors (18+) - Harry Potter AU
by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:46 am

» Magi: The World of Magic RP
by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:50 am

Discord Server

Our Button

Autumn Flowers: The Howling Fortress (Plot | I/O) 53-FOU1568673033

Our Affiliates

Top RP Sites The Shula Region Fodlan Chronicles; A Fire Emblem Based RP

Autumn Flowers: The Howling Fortress (Plot | I/O)

Uchiha Akegata Mikomi
    Uchiha Akegata Mikomi
    C-Rank
    C-Rank

Autumn Flowers: The Howling Fortress (Plot | I/O) Empty Autumn Flowers: The Howling Fortress (Plot | I/O)

Post by Uchiha Akegata Mikomi Mon May 25, 2020 11:23 pm

Mission Details:

It had been a struggle to reach this deep into the Barrens. Mikomi and Shizuka had had to overcome inclement weather, bandits, and general discomfort as they had neared their destination. They had heard tales of an old abandoned fort in the Barrens that had legends of the Executioner tied to it. Which is why they had made the trek into this wasteland. Mikomi cleared the dust from her eyes, looking ahead of her. They had been forging ahead through a dust storm, that filled their mouths, ears and eyes with grit and dirt. But now they could see, rising from the dust and sand ahead of them. A looming black building. Old and falling apart, ancient beyond belief most likely. Or just aged by the blasting sands, the Barrens were a cruel mistress after all.

The fortress's walls were at least 10 meters high, and the portcullis lay open before them, like a great yawning mouth. Mikomi turned to her partner, shouting over the howling winds, her range finder and eyeguard keeping the debris from her eyes, "I THINK THIS IS IT. WE SHOULD GET INSIDE."
    "

Last edited by Uchiha Akegata Mikomi on Wed May 27, 2020 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Autumn Flowers: The Howling Fortress (Plot | I/O) Empty Re: Autumn Flowers: The Howling Fortress (Plot | I/O)

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2020 6:09 am

The travels were rough indeed. If it wasn’t the blasted heat it was the fury of the desert winds, buffeting their course offspring into any and all exposed clothing. Luckily Shizuoka had worn a cloak, keeping most of it away. However she wished she had brought something for her eyes. She was used to observing and exploring and civilized conditions. This was more the speed of a tomb raider or an archaeologist. Dodging bandits were easy and eventually after all the troubles the two would make it somewhere.They arrived at a massive fort half-buried in the sands but even then the walls were high as 10 meters. It wasn’t a problem for shinobi like the two of them but someone went to great lengths to keep people out.  Imino found it weird that a tomb was within a fort but she would withhold her opinion for now. Perhaps the man had holed himself up in this fort and as his age caught up to him, his achievement became his own grave. Shizuka pulled out a piece of chalk, marking a downward triangle with a unique symbol on the inside. If they were to get lost or trapped inside a tracking team would know they entered but never quite left.

Last edited by Imino Shizuka on Tue May 26, 2020 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Uchiha Akegata Mikomi
    Uchiha Akegata Mikomi
    C-Rank
    C-Rank

Autumn Flowers: The Howling Fortress (Plot | I/O) Empty Re: Autumn Flowers: The Howling Fortress (Plot | I/O)

Post by Uchiha Akegata Mikomi Tue May 26, 2020 2:49 pm

Mikomi forged ahead, holding her cloak in front of her mouth to guard against the rushing sand and grit. She trudged through the dust. Until her feet found purchase on the flagstones of the entrance to the mouth of the fortress. A few more steps, and she was out of the sandstorm. The howling of the winds outside faded somewhat. But it had seemed to grow keener and more vengeful as they had entered the Fortress. Like the Barrens were screaming at them to leave. To abandon this blasted land to the ravages of the sand storms. The entrance was a hall about 20 meters long, that opened into a yawning room they couldn't see much of yet.

Mikomi stamped on the flagstones, shaking loose dust and sand from her clothes. She spat grit from her mouth, and pulled a waterskin. Drinking deeply, the liquid washing away the bitter sand. She passed it to Shizuka, "Here. Good to be out of that blasted storm huh?" She stepped forward, squinting into the dark. Then her foot sank slightly into the floor, as a pressure plate depressed with a click, "GET DOWN." She drew her sword and leaped to the side as a hail of darts erupted from the walls. She deflected a few with her sword, managing to avoid most of them.

Trapped huh? Made sense, this place supposedly contained a clue as to the whereabouts of the Executioner's Tomb. Who knew what dangers it held? "Gonna be one of those missions then. Damn."

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2020 7:36 pm

Shizuka swirled the bottle, listened to before smelling it. She took a very small sip, cleaning the grit in her mouth before politely spitting it out away from Mikomi. The young Uchiha moved further on. There was a click that echoed down the long tunnel-like corridor. Shizuka took a step back as Mikomi avoided darts. As her feet touched the ground she felt the ground below her give, shifting in its place. Her heart skipped a beat and her ghost tensed. She was about to shout to her teammate when suddenly... nothing happened. The tension eased off her as seconds passed. Goosebumps receded back and Shizuka inspected the plate she had stepped on. It was... just old. She flipped it over and watched a few beetles scamper away.

"This place is super old... at least one thing is for sure, there some kind of water source if there are fat little scarabs running around."

Uchiha Akegata Mikomi
    Uchiha Akegata Mikomi
    C-Rank
    C-Rank

Post by Uchiha Akegata Mikomi Wed May 27, 2020 8:24 pm

Mikomi breathed out a sigh. Of course this place was trapped, why couldn't something just be easy for once. She leaned against a nearby wall and sighed again. That was becoming a bad habit. She kept her sword drawn. And jumped as a few beetles raced by from the old pressure plate.

"Damn!" She exclaimed in annoyance.

Giant 15 meter long viper snake things, four armed man eating apes, and weird lightning rabbit monsters she could handle. But not bugs. Bugs were the actual worst. Even since she was a child Mikomi had hated bugs. And living in the desert had made her especially hateful of bastard damn beetles. The poop pushing kind, the rhino kind, the blue kind, the red kind, the cactus living kind, all of em.

She stepped forward, testing the plates in front of her with her sword. Inch by inch she moved. Meter by meter down the entrance hall. She set off one dart trap, rolling to the side to avoid it. She set off a swinging blade, rolling to the other side to avoid it. She swore again, this place was the literal and absolute worst.

Finally they made it out of the hall. Before them was a large room. It was around thirty ish or so meters in length, and anywhere between fifteen ish to twenty ish in width. In the room were the ancient and dilapidated forms of old banquet tables. Upon them were set old tableware. From fancy to mundane were these dishes. Silver forks, knives and spoons were set along side pewter plates and bowls. On the walls were hung old candelabras, wall sconces and torch holders. Not holding anything now of course. They were long rotted away, the candles melted by the summers in the barren. When it would reach over a hundred degrees Fahrenheit.

At the head of one of the largest tables, with the finest and fanciest tablewares, was a large silver inlaid iron chair, with a headless skeleton sat in it. It appeared like a massive blade had sheared off the top of the chair, and taken his head with it.

"This place was probably a bandit hideout back in the day. They would set traps to catch anyone who was unaware of the placement. Then the bandits would swoop in and steal their loot." She looked around the room, "Look for a secret door. Like you said earlier, there has to be a water source. If we can find it, it'll probably contain a clue as to the wherebouts of the tomb."

She looked up at her companion as Mikomi walked around the room, "Tell me about yourself Shizuka. We haven't gotten to know each other much. At least not since the spar." She straightened and looked annoyed with herself, bad manners Uchiha Akegata Mikomi, she told herself, "Ah, where are my manners. First off, I'm Uchiha Akegata Mikomi. I am an Uchiha, and I just became a shinobi about a year ago. Well, I graduated about three months ago. Since then I have done like, thirty missions it feels like. And now here I am in a dusty old fortress looking for a clue as to the location of some old guy's tomb. So we can find his sword. Like how did I get here ya know?" She looked over at the other girl with a sparkle in her eyes, "What about you Shizuka then, I've done some basic intros about me. Tell me about you. As much as you feel comfortable with anyway." She smiled.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2020 10:03 am

"Not too fond of bugs?"

Shizuka knelt down as she carefully cupped one of the beetles into her hands. She held it like a cute mouse, letting it run from one hand to another as she created an infinite bridge for the critter to scamper upon. She wasn't a huge fan of insects either but the harmless kind she didn't mind. Now ones with stings, pincers, and creepy feet? Those she very much did not like. There was a clan of shinobi who controlled chakra fed insects. That sounded like a clan she definitely did not want to come across. What were they called? Abugramen? Shizuka slowly stood up, patting her clothes of dust and she carefully followed in the footsteps of Mikomi.

Traps were a dangerous affair, old traps were even more so. A well-made trap would trigger precisely as designed and to a certain degree, all traps worked in the same fashion. Trigger something, something bad happens. Old taps, however, might trigger something completely unrelated and in turn trigger something that wasn't even supposed to happen. A shift in the sands, a loud yell could open up a trap floor or better yet the wall just crumbles from being old.

Following the footsteps was Mikomi was the best way to move forward. Her trail of sword jabs and pokes creating a sort of safe space to travel through. After a while the corridor cut off, expanding quickly in what appeared to be the hall. Most likely where the bandits of old had holed up during winters. Rob people blind during the summer and then hibernate like bears during the winter. Though the last occupants seemed to have hibernated too long.

While Mikomi set to look about the room for clues, Shizuka inspected the table. Food dried beyond recognition, gourds, and goblets filled with nothing but dust. What had killed these people? The bones marked no blade, perhaps poison, or maybe it had gotten too cold one night. It definitely wasn't a shortage of food. Shizuka made sure she didn't get too close but her eyes looked for any clues as to what happened in the fort. Mikomi would begin the small talk, explaining to Shizuka the activities of such bandits, how they operated and survived.

Shizuka picked up a small pile of dirt, sprinkling them randomly in the air here and there. The brown dust fell with no dramatic flair as both looked for a secret entrance. "Imino Shizuka. I'm not from such a blessed clan, we're a small clan only recently accepted by the village. I've been a shinobi for a while just not for the Sun...Over here. The dust had finally revealed it, blowing into one particular direction. It didn't accurately point to where the wind was flowing through but... The beetle might tell them. She let go of her little friend and watched it for a while.

It stood still, it's feet washing its antenna vigorously before finally scampering away. Like a dog sniffing a trail, it moved a little left a little right and then darted straight for a basket. It crawled underneath a rag carpet and was gone. Shizuka slowly lifted the carpet, listening for any traps and feeling for any pull from a loaded spring. A wooden trap door was barely visible, an outline of the door where the sand seeped through.

Uchiha Akegata Mikomi
    Uchiha Akegata Mikomi
    C-Rank
    C-Rank

Post by Uchiha Akegata Mikomi Sun May 31, 2020 9:19 am

She glanced at the other shinobi, blessed clan huh? She grinned, "I wasn't actually born into the Uchiha, I had to beg my way in. I've only been a shinobi for a year or so, like I said. Though I thank Solinia every day that I was born with these eyes, and that they decided to switch on just in the nick of time."

"Hah! Good find Shizuka" She knelt down, placing her hand on the trapdoor's handle, pulling it up with a loud creak of wood. The sand escaping into the air with a puff. The air that flowed from within was musty, and filled with the smell of rot. Mikomi scrunched up her nose, pulling her bandanna back up over her mouth and nose. Her eyes flashed red, spiraling into the Sharingan. She looked up at Shizuka "I'll take lead." She looked down into the hole, there was a step ladder, but it had rotted away from the ravages of time. Mikomi lit a torch. She could see the bottom, so she jumped into the hole. Her boots thumping into the stone of a small cavern.

All around her were treasure chests, broken open with single slashes from some titanic weapon. She continued further into the passage, "This must have been the bandit's storeroom. Whoever killed them came down here, but thought to replace the rug above us."  As they walked, the air grew heavier with mold. Until finally, ahead of them was a pool, shimmering in the light of Mikomi's torch. It seemed like an underwater spring, "This was why the fortress was built, this spring would have been perfect for anyone looking to set up an outpost here." She leaned over, looking into the depths of the pool, "Oh, don't drink the water Shizuka."

Down beneath the clear water, in the frigid depths of the underground pool. At least a dozen skeletons were there, tied down with rocks. They had likely been thrown in there while still alive. It seemed that if the Executioner had done this, he had more imagination than just raw butchery with his sword.

"I think we've seen enough."

She felt sick to her stomach. He would have had to have beaten them, dragged them down here, and thrown them into the pool while they were still alive and... speaking.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:24 pm

Why would anyone drink stagnant cave water drowned with bodies? Whatever she thought, Shizuka did not show outwards signs. She merely followed Mikomi down the ladder hatch and kept her distance. She slipped her face cover back on, holding her breath against the strong stench of rotting flesh and guts. The water was putrid, with larvae wobbling and squirming around. It explained where the beetles had come from. Funny how they found a way to live and Ironic how the butcherings gave way to new life.

She quietly snorted internally, there was no permanent death for Shizuka. If you were insignificant no one remembered you and that was more or less as if you had never lived. If you were good enough to be written down in history, the Yurei clan sealed you away. With the investigation done They left the fort turned cage, cage turned murder scene and eventually the tomb of those who had holed up.

Shizuka was the first to climb back up, closing the hatch once Mikomi was up. She marked the hatch door with a skull and the letter 12. Then she took one last look around before making her way back out the decaying fort.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:27 pm