Shinobi Generations

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 252 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Darkprincess!

Latest topics

» demon slayer: rising! an au demon slayer rp
by Jikan Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:39 pm

» SHIBUI: AN AU NARUTO RP
by Aries Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:23 pm

» SG Systems | Specialty Guide
by Bastian Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:35 pm

» SG Rules | Site Wide Combat Etiquette
by Bastian Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:34 pm

» Ranking Guide
by Bastian Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:19 pm

» Lochland Grove[Jcink] : Real Life, Town, Sandbox
by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:28 am

» Naruto: New Era
by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:39 pm

» HeliX || JCInk Premium || An AU X-Men RPG
by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:01 pm

» (Jcink) Fodlan Chronicles; A Fire Emblem Based RP
by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:55 am

» DragonBall Continuum
by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:00 am

» Naruto Beginnings
by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:51 pm

» Ex Malo Bonum
by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:51 pm

» The Power of Belief [JCINK PREM] - Rise of the Guardians RPG
by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:48 pm

» Smoke & Mirrors (18+) - Harry Potter AU
by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:46 am

» Magi: The World of Magic RP
by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:50 am

Discord Server

Our Button

Rumors of SwollenMan Pt 2 53-FOU1568673033

Our Affiliates

Top RP Sites The Shula Region Fodlan Chronicles; A Fire Emblem Based RP

Rumors of SwollenMan Pt 2

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Rumors of SwollenMan Pt 2 Empty Rumors of SwollenMan Pt 2

Post by Kannagi Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Mission Info:

Kannagi had come to the Port in the coastline in order to meet up with Hikari first. This was the area pointed out and described by the small nomad family they had met. She walked through the port town taking in the sights but keeping her eyes open for loose and curious hands around her shinobi pouch and medical bag. She procured for the pair a single room in a fisherman's house. He had agreed to let them stay in his guest room for some money and seeing as Kannagi didn't have much of that, she had made the agreement. The fisherman had seemed nice enough and was out from dawn until dusk with his boat and crew. Privacy wouldn't be any issue. As she stepped around the port now, keeping an ear out for rumors and knowledge for other places, local legends, and hints of the cult-like beliefs in the mythological SwollenMan, the kunoichi passed a small ramen shop. It seemed like there was no better place to wait for her friend to arrive and in addition it seemed that there was no other place to open to sit and simply observe.

WC: 193
    Anonymous

Rumors of SwollenMan Pt 2 Empty Re: Rumors of SwollenMan Pt 2

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:56 pm

Rumors of SwollenMan Pt 2 B963e861-be47-47fd-9421-9952e081b656-zps0faqldd7Rumors of SwollenMan Pt 2 B963e861-be47-47fd-9421-9952e081b656-zps0faqldd7Rumors of SwollenMan Pt 2 B963e861-be47-47fd-9421-9952e081b656-zps0faqldd7
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "For better or worse; I got you!"

Across the sandy sea and once again into the unknown, he would go eagerly.

Hikari Usagi had not been accustomed to the wild yonder of the Sun Village, but yet he would try nonetheless to not fall victim to the sands. His feet would feel each crunch of the grains that would cushion his steps. Everytime he longs forth for the answer of the solid Earth to guide him, he is met with nothing short of confusion. It was not until he would feel the gentle clasp of a furry hand that he would be alleviated of his true blindness. His lips curving with a smile as he would be tugged along. It was an awkward sensation to know he was truly lost without his family.

“Arigato, Mirah-sama!” He would respond kindly as he would march behind the quilted Hare Hand that brought him along.

“A problem it is not, young bunny.” The little furry creature would respond. “The family is in need. The hares of the Ravine answer.”

Mirah was the fourth generation of the clan of rabbit’s summons. She stood up right with the height of a growing child in their mid-years even though her voice was raspy like an older lady. With each step, her hand would pat at the red cloth apron and was sure to tug at her bandana. They would walk in unison until they would touch solid ground as she acted to guide Hikari to where his eyes could not see. Eventually, he was standing within the port town and his feet touched the solid ground. Each pad of his steps was synchronizing with the little summon as he would walk about searching the new unexplored area that was alien to him as a Usagi.

“I hear water,” he would smile warmly, “And such strong winds!”

The collapsing waves and sea breeze were something familiar to him. As he would approach the many figures within the thin crowd, he would make out the form that he was most familiar with like a face. His hand that was grasped would give a gentle tug back and direct the furry white face of the summon as he would urge her to follow. He wished he could say he approached slowly, but his enthusiasm for the young woman caused him to rush to her as if she was a long lost friend he had not seen in eons.

“Kannagi-chan!” He would chime happily as he would slow his face, standing before her along with the Hare Hand at his side as he would bow. “M-my apologies if I have kept you waiting, Kannagi-chan. My...Kekkei Genkai...it does not work well in the desert.” He would exclaim. He knew his ability was complicated and beyond understanding. He tried to take things slow when it came to helping her learn about him. To know more to him than the facades of his bar personality she met so long ago.

After all, there were so many things he wished to understand about her as more than a shinobi.

OOC Notes: ---
    Now Playing: ---
    Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:05 pm

Kannagi turned to see Hikari and his summon bowing to greet her. She returned to him a half bow, informal but respectful. "It's so good to see you here. I didn't know that the desert made things so hard for you. If I had known, I could have given you a lift on Cirilla as I traveled here." The blue haired woman turned back to the counter and ordered up a few cups of hot tea for the group. "My treat, friends. We have some information to gather and it would be best if we discussed quickly the best way to collect." The kunoichi looked back to the rabbit and his summon and gestured for him to sit by her at the counter. After such a long journey, a rest with some tea should help rejuvenate him and the tented overhang of the ramen shop would guard him from some of the sun's heat as well. Kannagi took her cup in hand and spoke first.

"We have to investigate this place for missing children, strange phenomena, SwollenMan rumors, and maybe some hidden or abandoned places. It would be a good way to check all of the boxes off for researching, but I am sure you agree that actually finding these kids is our priority. What do you feel most comfortable doing here?"
    The ramen chef made a loud sound as he burned his hand and nearly dropped his wok onto the ground. The distraction rousing the blue eyed woman's attention as he danced about in place, like a juggler resetting his kitchen back into motion. He cleared his throat loudly and then muttered, "SwollenMan again? Gods almighty." His anger was almost palpable, as hot as the steam around him and Kannagi made a curious sound to herself as she considered the man.

WC: 302+193= 495
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:01 pm

Rumors of SwollenMan Pt 2 B963e861-be47-47fd-9421-9952e081b656-zps0faqldd7Rumors of SwollenMan Pt 2 B963e861-be47-47fd-9421-9952e081b656-zps0faqldd7Rumors of SwollenMan Pt 2 B963e861-be47-47fd-9421-9952e081b656-zps0faqldd7

“N-no! No! It is just fine!” Hikari’s hands would fly up almost instantly. He seemed more concerned than usual. “It is no problem at all! It is something I did not-”

“Certain clan secrets are meant to be kept.”

The furry brown little creature by him had interrupted. Not a hint of sass as much as it was composed and strict. Her eyes would retain the absoluteness as her small body betrayed her actual age. The rasp of her voice making sure it was to be well-noted as she would tilt her chin up and lower it in a relaxing calm as if she was tolerating Hikari’s lack of curtness. “Kind of you, darling.” The Hare would speak once more, “But to cover the little bunny’s flaws is why we, the Hare Hands, exist along with the others. Do not think ill of us because of our independence in such matters.”

Hikari’s expression would show that he would not argue a word against the creature that was nearly a bit over half of his size. He would put on a brisk smile as it seemed that, even for its physique, the wisdom and manners of the creature would trump his own inexperience. As Kannagi had offered them tea, they both would take it, courteously while uttering a simultaneous show of appreciation. Both of them speaking in their generational tone and pattern of speech before they would walk and seat themselves on opposite sides of the young woman. Of course, there was no need for creatures with such superb hearing to seat themselves so close to one another.

As usual, Hikari would have a brisk smile upon his face, enjoying the moments he was squandering discussing the mission with Kannagi. He was concerned about his kin, but there was a hint of confidence in his face as a brisk smile was present. It was something that would not go unnoticed as he would bob his head in agreement with Kannagi as he would hang onto every word. One more bob in particular would catch seething furry eyelids that would nearly close as they would weave around the cup.

“...I am sure you agree that actually finding these kids is our priority. What do you feel most comfortable doing here?”

“Well, dear, if the young bun is done doting, then I have a suggestion,” The Hare would say with a hint of sass this time. Her cup lifting to her mouth as she had not explained herself. However, as Hikari’s chest would jump upon noticing her tone, he knew then. He would pay attention while trying to steady his face to look attentively to them both and his feelings aside. “You are in luck.” The summoned hare would sum up with her cup touching the base. “Usagi children were taken, yes? It is a simple game you must play, so be blessed! From the moment they reach their adolescence, the young children have ears as sharp as kunai. They are taught not to rely on their eyes by us. The young one should know this! He was the very same as he grew under us Hares! So, here is my plot and then I part:”

The Hand would simply lift her cup again. This time, the last drops would soak into the fur around her maw. Her eyes would remain the same half-close before touching the base of the countertop of the shop. “Play the game, I say,” She would say, “A little knock or two and see if you would get a bit of a prankster! The Usagi children respond to sound. Find a rabbit, and treat it like you found its foot! You will be in luck as the children should be among them too. So, little rabbit,” the Hare would lean forth, looking distantly to Hikari who would straighten his posture, “Use your ears while the young lass makes some noise? Listen for your sisters to respond in kind and guide you to them? When you get within range of one another’s Chikaku, you shall hear each other, yes?”

“O-oh! Y-yes!” Hikari would call aloud. A bit of embarrassment as he tried to ignore the past moment. “I-I will listen for my sisters, Mirah-sama! I-I Understand.” Hikari’s glassy orbs would to Kannagi. He knew that such things maybe were beyond her seeing as the Usagi Clan were, after all, so alien to the Sun Village.

“Basically, Usagi are meant to hear other Usagi because we know about each other’s abilities,” he would say, “That is how we survive. So if I were to walk around and call out to my family, then if they would call back, I would hear them. Which means we should find them and whoever else is with them.” Hikari would explain to Kannagi.

“N-not that you do not understand that.” He would explain., “Because Mirah-sama does speak a little...as I said...eloquently. It sort of reminds me of you, Kannagi-chan.” An awkward smile upon his face. One that the Hare summon would look at with eyes as if made of disappointment.

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:45 pm

As the summon or friend of the Usagi sat down on one side and Hikari the other, Kannagi proceeded to drink her hot tea in silence, listening in turn without rudely interrupting. As the unknown Mirah's comments encircled teasing the rabbit for doting on the kunoichi, the blue eyed woman lifted her shoulders with a bubbly chuckle. She returned her focus to the point of the conversation yet. It sounded like Hikari's clan had a secret way of communication, one that he might be able to use to help locate the children. That was a brilliant idea and Kannagi's bright smile turned on him. "Do you use an Usagi technique or is it the way you walk, or perhaps does it have to do with chakra?" Kannagi got to her feet and put her cup down on the counter, pointing out at the ground closest to her. "Can you teach me to use it?" It would have been an excellent way to communicate with Hikari in silence on this mission. Considering Hikari was blind with eye sight, shinobi hand signs didn't sound like a better suggestion.

She looked to Mirah and gave Mirah a wink that could not possibly be seen, "If you dote on me so maybe I can teach you something in return. Caring for another is only natural, and I wouldn't have it any other way on a mission. As long as your care for me didn't put your own self in danger, that is to say.." She started to shake her head. What began as a nice sentence, a bit flirty or friendly even, had ended in her trying to assure herself that Hikari wouldn't follow Genkumaru's lead and use his emotions to drive his actions. Though Genkumaru was a friend, it strained them both, and she wouldn't wish that on the little bunny here. On second thought, the bunny was thoughtful himself and wouldn't have needed the advice anyway.

WC: 324+495= 819
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:37 pm

”Well of course you can learn it, darling,” The Hare would turn her furry bum in her seat to glance towards the two, [/b]”As a Shinobi, you already know this skill. It is called ‘Code,’ and is something most Shinobi use when they use sound instead of words to convey messages.”[/b] The rabbit would exclaim. Her furry little hand would reach upon the nearby desk, fingers knocking quickly in a rapid succession. A quick show would cause Hikari’s ears to perk as the faux organs would twitch on his head.

“R-right! T-thank you, Mirah-sama!”

With Hikari’s response, there was a puff of smoke where the Hare had sat. The body of the furry creature almost dissipated leaving nothing but the empty cup and the stool where she was. Hikari’s blank gaze would go to Kannagi searching for a meaningless eye contact. “Mirah-sama coded, ‘You take it from here, bunny,’ before she left.” Hikari exclaimed as he would step towards Kannagi. His heart still a bit nervous seeing that the exchange about his “doting” was less than favorable to hear about...no matter how true it was.

“Now, the thing is, we should be lucky as Mirah-sama said.” Hikari would further exclaim, “We know that Usagi are among the missing children if they were paired together and they know how to code due to it being something taught by our clan for secrets. Like when we were in the bar, if you had not noticed, some clan members would even repeat the orders to the customers like I did for you.” He would smile thinking about the meeting. After all, to Kannagi, it seemed Hikari was an ordinary bar worker. “The truth is, that is for us and not you! The Usagi Clan practice their hearing in such places by saying the orders and memorizing them. It is like trying to practice running messages and filter out unnecessary sounds like noisy screaming, yelling, and chaos. Those are all things that happen in...uh...those places.”

Hikari would move as he would step away from the area of the nearby ramen shop. His feet motioning as if he was readying to run. “Now, in the case if the children cannot speak if the...Swollenguy? If he is there, then they can communicate some other way that I can hear. They will know to use code and we will be around to hear it wherever they are. Though...if we are not...we will just need a wider area...yes?”

Hikari would make a familiar posture, his thumb reaching to his mouth and biting at his thumb. A drop of blood being there as the next action would be a familiar one. After a number of hand seals was made, he would reach and slap his palm upon the terrain as sigils would reach across the terrain. Once again, a familiar sight, the ground would become disturbed as something beneath shifted through the dirt.

“And now the hide and seek game with my sisters begins!~!” Hikari said with a delight as if he was truly enjoying the game. “We will find them! Whoever this person may be, they have miscalculated by capturing the most bonded family in Gekkousato.” Hikari’s spirit seemed to be oozing with confidence and certainty as he said this. Something about having Kannagi believe in him and Mirah advise him both were things that pushed him to do better.

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:49 am

When the bunny vanished in a poof of smoke, granting her permission to learn how to communicate with the Usagi, Kannagi brightened. Her entire body straightened with excitement of learning something new, while also advantageous, in the field. And to learn something so rare from her friend personally, as that is what she assumed by 'leaving the rest to Hikari' meant, made Kannagi almost bloated with pride and glee. Despite her excitement and her heart speeding up, she kept a calm though happy expression on her face as Hikari approached her. She slid her palms together and breathed calmly through her nose, preparing.

"That sounds like a brilliant plan. I wouldn't want to go running about in the desert, cliffs or caves without preparation. How wonderful it would be if those children could be brought hope with our message!"
    Kannagi listened carefully to how Hikari explained the usefulness of the Code among the Usagi. "SwollenMan the great myth or whatever group of bandits decided to spread that rumor around; neither will be able to escape our pursuit! Our friendship makes for an unbreakable team!" She had never used the word friendship so often, but with Hikari, it just felt right. It meant to him the same that it had meant to her. Unconditional care and watching out for the other, beyond that of a mere team mate and the success of a mission. Of course, if the mission were at risk, she would hope the relationship never prevented Hikari from continuing on with his duty because she would continue without hesitation. That was the role of a shinobi.

Yet, just when friends were near friends, it seemed like nothing in the world was unfeasible. Hikari helped her to be more open and kind, even in situations where she was uncertain or misunderstanding another's culture or habits. Practicing patience and compassion in hefty doses with Genkumaru and Sojiro made her acknowledge that she should use the word with them also, so that they would know where they fit in her life. Kannagi did believe in him and so with blue eager eyes did witness him using his blood, his seals, and then a summoning jutsu. She tilted her head confused, having thought he was about to teach her how to communicate with him through the ground, or through sound in general, besides just talking that is.

She was silent about it, knowing that the tunneling summons would find just what they needed in no time. Kannagi clapped a hand on Hikari's shoulder and gave him a reassuring squeeze. She didn't know any of the missing children, and although she cared for them in general terms, the experience for Hikari was bound to be more intense than it was for her. He was keeping his spirits up and his emotions well controlled, a good shinobi trait. Not far from where the pair were was a series of unexplored caves near to the cliffs by the sea. Within them were the bodies of four human children and four Usagi children. It was slightly less than the number that had been missing, but still an important piece of information for the summons to relay to Hikari. "They certainly have," Kannagi agreed with a smile. Finally there was real hope in solving this mission. "And maybe you will show me a few phrases of your Code along the way. You know. To help the children. Or you. Of course." She looked away, embarrassed to ask again for access to this seemingly secret Usagi Code.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:11 pm

Hope? Kannagi’s words elicited almost a mischievous looking smile from the boy.

“Hope is already there, Kannagi-chan!” Hikari’s hands would go around his back, yet no suspicion to be cast. He would balance on his feet in a playful manner as he had his smile on his face. “Usagi do not ever give up on their family. They know that.” It was why Hikari was always happy. He knew his family quite well. No matter how lewd, misguided, or silly an individual member of the clan may be, the family never gave up on one another. “It is something that separates us from shinobi, but...I as a bunny would like to think it can apply to shinobi as well. That as friends, which are family to my kind, we can understand one another. The ears of the family is not only for vigilance, but represent the capacity to listen.”

As if talking them up the sensitive organs, the faux ears would begin to twitch once again. Hikari’s bright blue eyes would come to life with a bat. “O-oh! Ichigo hears something!” Hikari would turn on his heel. His face going to the distant spiraling stone formations not far from the docks. “It is over there. She believes someone is responding to her digging under the ground. I-I will…explain what we can do on the way.” Hikari would kick off as he would send himself lightly running forth. With an idea of Kannagi’s speed now compared to his own, he was fairly confident he understood her to a degree as much as her footsteps.

By the time he would get into the areai, approximately solid Earth with some high rock formations. Many abandoned shacks, enclosures, and places scattered about that were on the verge of decay. It seemed that with many of the homes going close to the seaport, there were little places around the area that had actual residences. If anything, Hikari, with no vision, felt a weaving empty air that swept through the area. It had a desolate echo that would chill anyone to the bone. Hikari could hear the sounds of the red rabbit that was digging through the Earth. Its body jumped from beneath the soil as it would shake bits of dust and pebbles from its fur to reveal the ruby jewel upon its body.

“There is someone here.” The rabbit would call. “They are just deep underground somewhere. Someone has messed with this land. Probably some shinobi!” A clear disgust in the rabbit’s voice showing a difference between her and the Hare Hand. “Find out where they are exactly and I can dig without any worry about bringing down the foundation or a pocket. Be quick about it though!”

Hikari’s head would bob his head as he would turn to find Kannagi. His feet lifting the iron heels as he would make a small kick to the Earth as if dusting off the footwear. His expression would turn serious. After all, children were a serious matter to him, Usagi or not. “Okay, Kannagi-chan, you...can walk on water, yes?” He would begin to explain, “And climb trees. The Usagi, they teach their young how to do this as well as dance and prepare them for...well...a special technique.” He would exclaim vaguely. “But the most important part is focusing Chakra into the feet in those principles. For the Usagi, this is important in most techniques since they are kicking-based. It is how they move and is very distinct as the footsteps would have a distinct sound due to the pressure your chakra exerts.”

Hikari would take a few steps back. His soles of his feet coating with chakra as he would look upon the woman. “R-rather...just watch me?”

His Chakra would circulate to his soles as he would place his hands together making the seal of a rabbit. With time, the ground would respond with a flowing wave that would burst outward as the energy had obviously been focused to his feet and giving a distinct sound with each step he made. The desert grains would barely make a crunch. The sound was comparable to a foot on carpeting. “R-right.” He would slightly frown. “I-It may be a bit difficult right now. Because...well...the sounds are muffled by desert sand, like my own hearing is since it does not travel so well through sand but water works best. It should not be a problem here since there is not that much sand.” He would explain. He moved upon his feet as he would make several pirouettes that were like a graceful dancer before ceasing with his heel lifted and hovering above ground.

“Please! Give it a try, Kannagi-chan!” Hikari chimed excitedly. The thought of seeing someone dance that was not a family member was enticing!

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:44 pm

Speaking of hope and how families do not give up on each other, Kannagi could completely understand. She felt it inside of her bones, the remembrance of the power of such a community. The Irezumi were tightly knit and the idea that Usagi were joined in a similar way made her eyes fog up with tears. She quickly wiped at them, until they were out of sight, though Hikari couldn't have seen them anyway. She followed her friend out searching for the children or the place they were hidden. When they stopped, Hikari was both excited and concerned.

"So it's about chakra control. That I can do."
    Kannagi watched as the rabbit danced around in the sand. She understood that sand was trickier than solid ground for most people. It was unsteady, almost fluid, as concrete as stone and light enough to be carried in a breeze. She blushed, "Dance with you? Won't I mess up the message?" She asked nervously. The kunoichi decided to try it out; Hikari wouldn't have asked her to if he thought it would have a negative outcome. And so the woman danced with him. Her body flowing and moving around in a natural dance, as if the wind around them were her partner, gently guiding her movements each. The chakra she used in her feet however were unpracticed, and for all her whimsical bodily grace, despite how good her chakra control was, she might have sounded like a clopping horse to the rabbit. Not that she would notice that of course. She only hoped that what this dance did was helpful to finding the tunnels or caves below them, and preferably the one with children in it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:29 pm

"So it's about chakra control. That I can do."

It need not be said how Hikari felt about her boundless confidence. Hikari had come to know Kannagi’s confidence when it came to things. It had helped him learn things about himself whenever she would become impressed with what he could do. It was not usual that people were amazed with what the Usagi could do, especially given their image. Hikari would balance himself, awaiting for Kannagi to accept his invitation as his glassy eyes would stare off into the fabric of space. Still on one foot, he would await for her to make a move.

”Mess it up?” Hikari would shake his head. ”No. Not at all. Most likely, they already know we are here.” He would exclaim as he would put down his other foot before rapidly pounding the dirt with a jig-like movement. With another whirl of his body, he would raise his hand in a flourish of a display. ”To make sure we are not controlled by mental arts, or Genjutsu,” he would move with another graceful pirouette as he turned his back to her, ”Anyone with a Usagi would dance with them, no matter how faulty. It is about showing them that they can trust the Usagi that is there and the person with them. It is, as shinobi would say, a failsafe against hostage situations.”

Hikari would move carefully as he would send his chakra to his feet. Each pressure point made carefully as his ears would twitch wildly with each step. Each distinct step would pound the desert sands sending out a distinct wave. Hikari would hear the sound of the dirt shifting as the remainder of his summons would plow through the dirt following the red bunny that dove back amidst the sands and burrowed. The bedrock and dirt within the soil would have a distinct vibration. A sound movement as cries beneath would send rippling vibrations.

“What was that?” Ume called aloud.

“It is below!” Meron would bellow.

“Within dark caverns?!” Ichigo would cry.

In unison, the rabbits would call aloud from...somewhere! They echoed as if a roar. But a roar within the cave was like a tremor itself. Screams, cries, and panic had started to erupt! Hikari’s heart was so overwhelmed, the violet rabbit would quickly reach for Kannagi as if he was trying to snatch her to run. However, his glassy gaze only looked to her in horror with an expression. ”Kannagi-chan! The children! T-they are below us!” he would cry as his feet would stamp the terrain below. ”K-Kannagi-chan! He...it is below us!” Hikari would almost panic before he would move swiftly. His feet scurrying in a panic as it turned out he was careless.

”This is my fault! The children panicked learning someone is here and it is close by! B-but-” He would swallow. Hikari’s hands had begun to move in a fashion as if he was about to make seals. However, it was different. They were not hand signs as Hikari made certain motions with his fingers. Triangle, Circle, and a Square as he seemed to be making shapes to signify something. His face determined as he knew what he was doing, ”I can fix this!” He would declare urgently.

Hikari’s fingers would gesture to the distance where the ground was. As if on cue, two massive quakes would shake the area. The distant terrain fifteen meters away would cave in as sand would pour in along with the crumbling Earth. There was a bellowing cry as if something below the ground, echoing from the freshly made pairs of holes, was severely unhappy with the Earth suddenly caving in. Hikari, turning his face as if he was commanding the very Earth himself, would gesture to another spot within the terrain only five meters away from himself and Kannagi. The hole was slanted it seemed! A slope that descended down into a cavern.

”The enemy is below over there!” Hikari would cry aloud as he would gesture to the distant holes, ”...and the children are...below in there! I can command Ume and Ichigo to attack from above, where it can’t reach us while Kannagi-chan can descend down and get the children!” Hikari would smile confidently, ”Me and the girls will make sure that whatever is down there, it will not get close to the children! J-just...please hurry and lead them out, Kannagi-chan!” He pleaded desperately as he thought of the unimaginable obviously.

Fortunately, he knew he was the best when it came to defensive maneuvers.

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Kannagi Irezumi turned her head, looking back and forth and taking in all the actions Hikari and his summons had done. They had a drastic alteration on the land itself and her lips pinched together. What was Hikari doing? Whatever or whomever was down there responsible for the children's kidnapping was going to know they were here! The children were going to be at risk! Was this really a smart idea!? Kannagi tensed up until Hikari gave her instructions, apparently he really was trying to fix his mistake. She let out a soft sigh and said, "Hey don't worry about it. I will bring every child out safely. Just promise you won't try to take anything on without me. I don't want you getting injured before I can bring the kids out, all right?" Kannagi promised him and then left him there. She would trust him to handle the situation until they were all safe, the same way he was trusting all these Usagi lives to her, a non clan member.

Kannagi made her way down the slope and into the underground chambers. She coughed on the sandy atmosphere and held a hand over her mouth before taking a deep breath again. It was astonishingly simple to locate the children. There were eight small bodies huddled together in the first hollow room Kannagi had discovered and she was relieved to see them all. "It's all right, I'm here. Everyone get to your feet, let's take you out of here." In the same room, she noted discarded clothing, blood splatters in the hallway leading up to the room, and deep grooves in the ground as if someone had repeatedly paced in and out of the room until a thin path formed. She collected all the children together, counting their heads with her delicate hand until she reached the number eight. Kannagi then led them to the opening in the sand, the same place where she had made her way down. From this new angle, she could see the other half of the tunnel across the sloping sand and within it Kannagi caught the pearly shine of bones. It made her frown and pull the children closer to her.

She formed quick hand signs and with her paper she created a large dense rope. It took time, but she knotted each child's hand to the rope for safety and then took the lead. "I will go first. Keep your eyes open and keep moving, no matter what you see!" Kannagi explained to the children. They were all sniveling, mixes of tears from happiness to sadness to fear. All the expressions wavering and changing with the sight of the bright sun and feel of the warm air upon them. After speaking, the kunoichi would lead them up the sloping sands, away from the direction where she knew Hikari would be alert to watching the responsible kidnapper underground.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:44 pm

"Can You Catch Me?"
    “I’m Waiting for You to Catch Me!”

The ground would slowly move to Hikari’s specifications. His hands would change and fixtures would gesture with each coordinate in order to send the underground tunnel to cave in at specific areas. His ears moving as the soles of his Regaria would move. He knew the specifications perfectly! The Usag were great with tunnels and moving everything to perfection when it came to their years of digging through foundation. He could even hear the sound of Kannagi as she descended into the tunnels, certain as he would make sure not an inch of dust would fall down to interfere.

Yet…

“It is pushing!” Ume declared.

“We are going up!” Meron narrated.

“Stronger than us?!” Ichigo hissed.

What was beneath the bedrock? Whatever it was, it was obviously pushing back each of the rabbits as they would try to bring the foundation down and press it. The ground that was slowly shifting would begin to quake as the creature seemed to be fighting against the rabbits and their ability to manipulate the Earth. Hikari’s feet would dig into the Earth as he would stamp his heel into the ground of his footwear. The iron heels of his shoes would ground him while he would carefully listen to what was traveling throughout the terrain.

“Keep pressing!” He would cry, “Kannagi-chan is almost done! I can hear her!” As Hikari could hear the last of the sounds, crying and sniffling children, it was a relief off his chest as Kannagi would come from the tunnels. Even without her word, Hikari would focus his Chikaku to listen deep within the caverns. There was nothing but a roaring….thing! With that, he would spread his arms as if he was readying to make a movement.

“Leave the rest to us!” Hikari would declare as he would spin on his heel. A gesture to the back where the children would escape, a gesture to the distant tunnel’s end, and then the cavern where they formally would sit. “Now! Into position! Multi-Earth Shift Core!” The rabbits burrowed through the terrain until they were the furthest from one another and would cover their respective positions. Minor overlap would allow them to coordinate as a stretch of land, ranging thirty meters from their combined reach, would begin to sink beneath Hikari’s feet who would make sure to leap back as specific portions would cave in after the children was an inch away from the cave. He would quickly join Kannagi, running to her side as he could hear another roar from beneath that was bellowing at the falling tunnels that would cough out a plume of dust from the once open tunnel.

“K-Kannagi-chan!” Hikari would turn to her, obviously upset even though he had taken a great deal of precaution. “S-sorry, Kannagi-chan. I-I could not defeat it! It was...pushing back.” He would exclaim. “But the tunnels are collapsed now, so he should be unable to catch up to the children at the moment.” The hare would exclaim before he would quickly move to the side of some of the children. Just by how he walked, he could tell that their light footsteps and heartbeats were Usagi. A smile of assurance on his face, if even for a moment as he would reach a hand and put it on his kin’s shoulder.

“Thank goodness!” One of several things he would say with alleviation. Though he did not take too long to sit in bliss. Not with this dreadful feeling he felt as whatever was in the tunnels, it was no doubt powerful. “W-we should go.” Hikari insisted, “The children must be tired after their ordeal. We should get them out of here.”

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Kannagi put a hand on Hikari's shoulder. "You did good, really. Let's get these ones out of here. From the port we can send word to the village to locate their families." The news of the collapsed tunnels concerned her. She and Hikari would need to return to destroy whatever or whomever it was down there before they vanished and started their deviations from a fresh start and a new place. Kannagi bent down in the sand and pulled out her two canteens, passing them to the children who drank them voraciously. Kannagi retrieved all of the food she carried as well, some hardened jerky, dried fruit, and a bag of nuts. The children ate some of their snacks and Kannagi checked the bonds between the paper rope and the children again. Everything looked secure and the kids looked pleased for food and water and fresh air. "Let's get them moving now then. Are your summons up for one last little task?"

Kannagi had a broad smile on her face as she performed hand seals and created a large toboggan like sled, perfect for sliding over the sand with little resistance. In the front were strong cords looped outwards in a set of three. "Maybe they would be kind enough to pull the children so we can keep a fast pace?" She hoped the Usagi liked her idea, and she hoped the summons would concede and help in this way. If the summons were too tired however, Kannagi was just as happy to pull the toboggan herself, exerting most of her effort into it until they finally reached the port town again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 pm