Shinobi Generations

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 252 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Darkprincess!

Latest topics

» demon slayer: rising! an au demon slayer rp
by Jikan Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:39 pm

» SHIBUI: AN AU NARUTO RP
by Aries Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:23 pm

» SG Systems | Specialty Guide
by Bastian Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:35 pm

» SG Rules | Site Wide Combat Etiquette
by Bastian Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:34 pm

» Ranking Guide
by Bastian Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:19 pm

» Lochland Grove[Jcink] : Real Life, Town, Sandbox
by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:28 am

» Naruto: New Era
by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:39 pm

» HeliX || JCInk Premium || An AU X-Men RPG
by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:01 pm

» (Jcink) Fodlan Chronicles; A Fire Emblem Based RP
by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:55 am

» DragonBall Continuum
by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:00 am

» Naruto Beginnings
by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:51 pm

» Ex Malo Bonum
by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:51 pm

» The Power of Belief [JCINK PREM] - Rise of the Guardians RPG
by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:48 pm

» Smoke & Mirrors (18+) - Harry Potter AU
by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:46 am

» Magi: The World of Magic RP
by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:50 am

Discord Server

Our Button

Paper and the Mutt... (Group Mission) 53-FOU1568673033

Our Affiliates

Top RP Sites The Shula Region Fodlan Chronicles; A Fire Emblem Based RP

2 posters

Paper and the Mutt... (Group Mission)

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Paper and the Mutt... (Group Mission) Empty Re: Paper and the Mutt... (Group Mission)

Post by Kannagi Wed May 13, 2020 7:32 pm

Kannagi Irezumi prided herself on always being on time. She was a perfectionist about nearly everything she did. Her tight sleeveless shirt was the color white, her tight shorts, black, and around her waist was her pale blue coat in the case of sudden change in weather. She felt the wind in her short blue hair as she galloped away from the village main and into the Infinite Canyons. She knew the canyons were rough for travel but the pony she rode was unique in that it was the same horse she had cared for from her life with the Irezumi family. It was the same horse she had left them with. Cirilla was a nearly 6 year old mount with gray and white marbled coat. She had been bred and trained for survival in the desert and for arduous trekking. Her mane was dark but knotted through a waterfall cascading braid to keep it from tangling in Cirilla's dark eyes.

Packed with several containers of water, first aid materials, and two days worth of fruit and bread, Cirilla led her rider out to the canyons to meet the shinobi she had been paired with for the mission. Kannagi slowed the pony down and climbed off her back, leading her gently with a single hand on the horse's neck to stand near the shinobi standing there. He was carrying a large shuriken and had dark lines under his eyes. Kannagi pursed her lips but couldn't seem to place where the male could have been from.
    "I presume you are Sojiro Sakura. My name is Kannagi and this is Cirilla." The blue haired woman gave him a courteous albeit casual bow and inclined her head. She was 5'11', fairly tall for a female, and her pale skin was quite strange in the desert as well compared to others.

"There were rumors of smoke from the old campsites in the area. Assuming they aren't abandoned, we should go in prepared."
    She swallowed as she looked him over, surprise flashing over her visage at the sight of his bare feet and bare chest. She felt suspicious that this nin might not be taking the job as seriously as she was, but had he been incompetent or drunk, this man would not have shown up so early for their meeting either. Kannagi temporarily decided to postpone her judgement and questioned with the voice of a schoolteacher, "Are you prepared?"

WC: 405

Horse Picture:
    Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Paper and the Mutt... (Group Mission) Empty Re: Paper and the Mutt... (Group Mission)

Post by Kannagi Fri May 15, 2020 12:05 am

As Sojiro sniffed around, moving from crouch to slouch, Kannagi pursed her lips in observance. Whatever he was doing, she clearly managed to pass his test. He spoke with a strange casual tone, like a street child, and it made her pity whatever lack of education he had. Still, competent enough to fight like a genin would be plenty on a routine mission like this. Kannagi had no doubt of his capability in that department. "Overprepared just means you can't be surprised or ambushed as easily. My horse can handle this all fine," the blue eyed woman chuckled.

"The thought that without my horse I would slow you down amuses me given that Cirilla is a one of a kind species. She could beat you without using chakra, and quite possibly with it too."
    Kannagi approached the ledge and backed Cirilla up. She muttered something softly to the pony and the gray mare took flight, launching forward in a dash and jump that would be the envy of any gymnast. But Cirilla didn't stop there. The mount pursued the path of large pillars of earth, boulders and edges of land until she made it to the other side of the crevasse. The goal was to show off a little, but Kannagi's knowledge of what was polite kept her from overdoing it. The smoke was a wrinkle in the sky and in a terrain like this it would be hard for the average shinobi to be able to tell the distance. Kannagi straightened her riding posture and spoke without looking to her partner; she assumed her had made his way across regardless, "Could take an hour if I run Cirilla hard. I would prefer to take it easy and make it there in two, sustaining her energy for an emergency. What is your opinion?"

WC: 303
    Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Sat May 16, 2020 7:06 pm

"Have we been introduced?" Kannagi wondered aloud. The man joked with her like an old friend. He reminded her of something from her past. Racing with the boys, fighting with sticks, riding horses through homemade obstacle courses on hot afternoons before dinner. Kannagi could remember it so easily, a bead of sweat down her child's self's face. The bright sun growing dimmer, turning red as it set on the sandy horizon. The other children were all boys: Akio, Daizen, Goro, Joji, and Kai. The sons of the men in her immediate family group. They taunted and teased, pulling at her hair and her dress. She had been caught watching them and instead of being tattled on, they invited her to join them. Kannagi had stripped off her skirt to just the shorts underneath and took a bended knee pose. She challenged Daizen, the clear leader, and lost. The boys had formed a ring around her, laughing and mocking. Strangely, she felt the surge now as she had then; Kannagi's mind was overwhelmed with motivation and drive to succeed and nothing more.

Her lips pursed together in a tight line.
    "I could triumph over you on my own any time. And Cirilla is more than capable of leaving you in the dust." Kannagi shrugged her shoulders and looked down at her pony, sternly centering herself and her emotions. "But this is a mission, is it not? Our competitiveness should not put the mission's success at risk and I won't force Cirilla to endure your teasing unto exhaustion for mere sport." Her eyes narrowed then and she brought those blue orbs onto the man's own gaze, a devilish expression there. "On the way back though, we shan't hold back."

With the cocky titter of someone with royal blood, Kannagi lifted her head high and she rode elegantly at an average speed ahead and towards the smoke in the distance. She had made a good retort, she thought, ensuring that her focus was on the mission and she could act as a professional. Still, she would be able to fight for her dignity and uphold Cirilla's honor when it was complete. Best of both worlds and Sojiro wouldn't know what hit him. The man was far more haughty than she and Kannagi knew those who were overconfident were bound to make a mistake, enjoying their bits and bites instead of concentrating on the task at hand.

WC:402
    Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Mon May 18, 2020 9:08 pm

Kannagi rode along in what seemed to be unapologetic mutual silence. After only a few minutes, she was relaxed and focused on the mission once more. The wind created by her ride ruffled Cirilla's braided mane and steered Kannagi's blue hair away from her face. A few times Kannagi closed her eyes and let Cirilla drive, resting her blue orbs from the sting of sand and sun. When Sojiro called out a change in direction, Kannagi followed him on faith. She was assured that he was a genin and wouldn't mislead them or bungle the over all mission based on his honor as a shinobi.

Kannagi slowed her pony and held the reins in order to calm Cirilla into a still position. Kannagi made out the barely noticeable camp of bandits and nodded to herself, impressed by his count.
    "You can see them? Where?" She squinted and gave up turning to Sojiro. Kannagi crossed her arms, looked down at him and informed, "The mission isn't to go after them ourselves. We wouldn't be following orders." Still, Kannagi considered the number 6 to be insignificant with two shinobi, provided the bandits weren't also jutsu users. When he asked if she was too scared, her look sharpened like that of a blade. Kannagi leapt off her horse and patted Cirilla, obtaining a thick carrot from her pack and breaking it between her hands. "I can ride better than a man, think better than a man," the blue eyed woman fed one of the carrot pieces to the pony and left the others on the ground in the shade of a rocky pillar.

The shinobi approached him with disgust in her tone,
    "You ask if I am afraid because I choose not to dishonor the orders we were given, in order to goad me into making a mistake that would cost me my shinobi career." The anger in her accusation was raw, stemming from a pain in her past. Her scowl grew deeper and her voice more silent. "I'll take you up on this idea. It will be fun to prove to you my talents and my worth as a partner. We will be capturing them, lest they run and make a new camp to continue their cruel misdeeds." She pointed her index finger at Sojiro's face, just a few inches away. "We do this safely, we do this right. And if it costs me my forehead protector, then I will make sure it costs you your legs. Are we clear?" Her tone was deadlier than she had ever used, only to drive home the point that this mission was to be completed with perfection.

Disobeying orders as a Sun shinobi was dishonorable and it made her sick inside to consider the weight of that fact. Still, it was modestly possible that those above their level might be impressed and bestow upon her further honor and tougher missions. Her stony expression relaxed after her warning and she moved to the cliff's edge without even slight concern for her partner. Her voice was light and friendly again, though no doubt still confident.
    "Are you ready, or are you too scared... of me?" There was a little impish smile there but the promise in her blue eyes from the warning still lingered.

WC: 547
    Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Thu May 21, 2020 8:15 pm

Kannagi hadn't heard of a man who could smell people from this distance but it was clearly an extraordinary ability. The woman didn't speak about it but her judgement of him raised much higher; she didn't doubt that he was a good shinobi or that he would become one then. Sojiro's words at first made her anger even brighter, blue little flames in her blue eyes dancing and waiting for a second to attack. But the more she listened, the less the burned. He wasn't being a sexist, he was just an overconfident, arrogant man. It wasn't about her at all. She felt her animosity dissipate and in its place a weight like she ate a sack of clay bricks. Her face looked uncomfortable and unsettled as Sojiro addressed her threat.

He ran and leapt off the edge of the cliff and Kannagi took a deep breath.
    "This time, I'm the fool." After just a few more seconds of self-beration, Kannagi made a few hand-seals. At the edge where they had stood, she transformed into a two dimensional paper version of herself using the Paper Doll technique. She let her body fall off the cliff-side and sway back and forth, floating down in the wake of Sojiro's fall. The air that followed him worked like a vaccuum and brought her right up behind him as he landed on the rock shelf in front of the bandits' hiding place.

She transformed herself back into normal and stood beside the cave opening,
    "No guards posted. Suppose that they assumed nobody would discover this place. How would you like to handle this to ensure we arrest the entire group. Not to mention, Sojiro, did you have a plan to bring them back to Nikkousato with us?" Kannagi acted as if nothing in the least had happened, treating him with all the respect of a shinobi partner despite how much of a show off he was.

WC: 322
    Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Sat May 23, 2020 7:06 pm

Kannagi waited five seconds until after he vanished into the hideout before trailing Sojiro's steps. She walked as quietly as she could manage, hearing his proclamation from ahead. With the thumbs up she had caught the sight of, Kannagi gave him a patient head start, following his plan. When the people inside started gathering weapons, Kannagi lowered herself to the ground, laying on her stomach and crawling up the hidden ridge above the camp within. She aimed her senbon launcher carefully at the man who had been resting on the floor, shooting two senbon for his face. One struck him in the forehead, the other pierced his right eye. With a howl of pain the bandit stumbled backwards and fell on his rear, essentially taking his position back where he had started.

Kannagi caught the eye of one of the men from around the fire as well as lifted a set of throwing knives and aimed them at her. The blue haired woman was all about stealth and acting with caution, but when it wasn't an option, she knew sometimes her enemies just needed to be dealt with quickly. She ducked her head until her chin touched the rock floor. Two knives zipped over her head, missing but not as she noted for a lack of trying. A third knife clattered off the rock ledge by her nose and still she did not flinch, trusting that her hiding place was well chosen. Kannagi had indeed picked a well angled perch for hiding and protecting. She slid a kunai out of her pouch and used two fingers to slide an explosive tag to it as well. Kannagi launched the weapon towards the far end of the cave behind the tent, hoping to injure others within range while not harming Sojiro. She just had to hope Sojiro was smart enough to either see it or fast enough to avoid it. Her goal wasn't to kill of course.
    Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Sun May 24, 2020 2:50 am

Kannagi observed from her stomach across the room as only two remaining fighters fought against Sojiro. She was unhappy with only two being taken out by her explosive tag. From her height and with the cloud of smoke swirling down in the cavernous area below, Sojiro was relying on her to do her part. She had no choice but turn to unconventional methods, tactics she was not as good as using. Kannagi leapt to her feet, backed up and then ran to fling herself off the edge. With her combination of paper and wind affinities, she was able to slow herself down ever so slightly to peer into the rivulets of smoke before landing. She braced her feet as she landed behind the bandit attacking Sojiro with a sword.

Kannagi drew out her kunai and stepped close and quick to the bandit with a light two-step. She stepped her right foot over his right foot and wrapped her right arm in a hook around the man's neck. Kannagi's left hand held a kunai and pointed it up underneath his broad chin.
    "Enough!" She shouted firmly. "I have your leader. I was watching you. Ring on your index finger. Only guy with a sword. Call off your people, now." His sword never managed to complete its arc. He lowered his arm and tossed his sword to the ground. The bandit smelled like body odor and she wrinkled her nose, holding him tight regardless. "Guess you got me there. Lay down your arms men, it's over." She heard the sound of the final bandit plopping himself down and letting out a growl of defeat. Kannagi held Sojiro's attacker firmly still, squinting through the fog towards Sojiro's likely shadowy figure.

"We're good to go. Wrap them up and we can return with them."
    There was a moment of relaxed silence while she waited for his reply. Beneath the smoke crawled a formidable and angry opponent: the man with the senbon through his eye. He had jerked out the senbon and in his anger was able to fight through the pain as he advanced dangerously toward Kannagi.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:31 am