by Essien6th Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:58 pm

The Eight Gates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Eight Gates

Post by Roy on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:45 pm

Fighting Style: The Eight Gates
Type: Taijutsu
Forms & Looks:
Backstory: Developed by Might Dai and passed down from him to Might Gai, and then down to Rock Lee, the eight gates allows those who are either not able to use ninja arts, or are not skilled with them, to fight on par using only taijutsu. The gates are extremely powerful, but extremely taxing upon the users body.

Duration:  
The Gate of Opening (開門, Kaimon), located in the brain, removes the restraints of the brain on the muscles so 100% of the user's strength can be used whereas normally, a person can only use 20% of their muscles' strength to keep them from disintegrating. Unlocking this gate allows the user to use the Front Lotus. This gate can be opened for up to 15 posts and grants the user +10 to strength. Once the gate is closed, the user loses 20 in their strength stat for rest of the thread.

The Gate of Healing(休門, Kyūmon; English TV "The Gate of Rest"), located in the brain, forcibly increases the user's physical strength and temporarily re-energises the body. After opening this gate, the user will gain the bonus from all prior gates, and will remove any debuffs from himself. (Being locked in place, genjutsu, stat debuffs) Activating this gate results in the same -20 to strength after it ends, and a -5 to stamina. It may remain active for 12 posts instead of 15.

The Gate of Life (生門, Seimon), located on the spinal cord, allows the user to use the Reverse Lotus. The increased blood flow turns the skin red.
This gate grants an additional cumulative strength increase of +10, and an added +10 to the speed stat.(Starting off with this gate gives a total of +20 strength, and +10 speed). After 10 posts, the user will lose double the amount of both stat he gained.(-40 strength, and -20 speed) for the remainder of the thread.

The Gate of Pain (傷門, Shōmon), located on the spinal cord, increases the user's speed and power. May cause muscle tissue to tear on use. Activating this gate causes small particles around the user to start levitating, and the aura around him begins to he visible. The users cumulative buff raises up to +25 Strength, and +25 speed. After 8 posts the user will lose double that, and will lose 10 health.

The Gate of Limit (杜門, Tomon; English TV "The Gate of Closing"), located in the abdomen, increases the user's speed and power. After this gate is activated, the user will gain 30 STR cumulatively and 30 Speed.  He will lose double that upon exiting, after 6 posts.

The Gate of View (景門, Keimon; English TV "The Gate of Joy"), located in the stomach, increases the user's speed and power. Opening of this gate releases such enormous amounts of energy that it can cause nearby water bodies to form a vortex around the user. Once opened, capable users can perform the Morning Peacock. This gate raises the speed and strength of the user by 35 cumulatively, and lowers them by double that amount after 5 posts. The user also receives the negative effects of all prior gates, and will likely pass out from this at the end of its time. This gate requires A rank status in Taijutsu to activate.

The Gate of Wonder (驚門, Kyōmon; English TV "The Gate of Shock"), located below the stomach, further increases the user's speed and power. Only after this gate is activated, can a capable user perform the Daytime Tiger. Those who open this gate will secrete glowing green — blue in the anime — sweat from every inch of their body which immediately evaporates from their own heat energy, creating an aura which people mistake as a chakra coating. Unfortunately, the side effects of opening the gate are that the user's muscle fibres are ripped to shreds, causing intense pain if anything or anyone touches them. This gate grants the user +40 to the strength and speed stat, causing them to lose double that amount at the end of 4 posts, along with 10 health, and 10 stamina. This gate requires S rank status in taijutsu to activate

The Gate of Death (死門, Shimon), located at the heart, requires the user to puncture their chest just above the heart in order to open it. Opening this gate will cause the user's blood to emanate a flaming aura of red steam from all pores of their body, hair, and eyebrows. Releasing this gate uses up all of the body's energy while making the heart pump at maximum power. Exceeding the power of every other gate, the user is granted approximately a hundred times their normal power, far beyond that of the five Kage, but comes at the expense of their life once the technique ends. Once activated, those who are capable can perform the Evening Elephant and the Night Guy. If one were to die from the effects of opening all Eight Gates, they will crumble to ash, having virtually cooked themselves from the inside-out. This gate is banned. Too OP, kill everyone.

*Note*: A user may skip to any of these gates. If a user goes to a gate in which they will be lowered to 0 Strength or speed, they will pass out at the end of its duration. No questions asked.

Description: The Eight Gates are eight specific tenketsu on a person's Chakra Pathway System. They limit the overall flow of chakra within a person's body. The basis for the idea of the chakra gates comes from the body's limits on the functions within it. This makes the body much weaker, but it keeps the body from expiring too soon. By undergoing intense training, one can learn how to open these gates allowing the user to surpass their own physical limits at the cost of extreme damage to their own body.

Requirements: Taijutsu Primary Specialty, and must be learned from the original user on site. Max of three users on site. In order to learn this fighting style, one must not know Ninjutsu, Medical, or Genjutsu as specialties. Learning the gates at all, even the 5th gate and lower, requires B rank Taijutsu. Costs 75 TP to learn.
Roy
Black Ops
Black Ops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Eight Gates

Post by Momoko on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Approved!

Momoko
Black Ops
Black Ops

Character Sheet
Ryo: 3000
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:39 am

Unapproved. Will comment within 2 hours time

Takeshi
Sannin
Sannin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:52 am

First of all, make sure you put that it requires 75 not for all the gates, but 75 per gate. Also, is it possible to make the price increase for any higher gates? Also, make sure to insert that you must learn from the 1st gate to the 8th, and you're not allowed to "skip" gates. I think I want an upkeep post for the gates.....

The Gate of Opening (開門, Kaimon), located in the brain, removes the restraints of the brain on the muscles so 100% of the user's strength can be used whereas normally, a person can only use 20% of their muscles' strength to keep them from disintegrating. Unlocking this gate allows the user to use the Front Lotus. This gate can be opened for up to 15 posts and grants the user +10 to strength. Once the gate is closed, the user loses 20 in their strength stat for rest of the thread.

Let's start with this, shall we? Smile About the number of post, is 12 post possible?

The Gate of Healing(休門, Kyūmon; English TV "The Gate of Rest"), located in the brain, forcibly increases the user's physical strength and temporarily re-energises the body. After opening this gate, the user will gain the bonus from all prior gates, and will remove any debuffs from himself. (Being locked in place, genjutsu, stat debuffs) Activating this gate results in the same -20 to strength after it ends, and a -5 to stamina. It may remain active for 12 posts instead of 15.

Does the 12 post stack with the previous 15 post? For example, I user Gate of Opening for 14 post, and once I activate the Gate of Healing, does it totally refresh the duration? All it does is remove debuffs and maintain the previous 10 strength? Does it heal wounds? And define "re-energize". Does it like increase your stamina temporary? If so, by how much? Please use stat system.

For all the gates, the +25 buffs and so on already includes those from the previous gates right? It no longer stacks right?

Takeshi
Sannin
Sannin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy on Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:10 am

Any editing of what I have here would create an unneeded level of nerf to the gates. I've seen it happen time after time on other sites. Believe me when I say that nobody wants to see gates that aren't worth using.

And if the user would actually take the time to go through wax level of the gate(which nobody in their right mind would) they would end up with the same number of max posts of gates. For example even if they switch to the 7th gate when they only have one post left of the first gate, they would only have one post of the 7th gate. As for upkeep costs, there is literally no way an upkeep cost is possible here, not would it be fair at all to shove chakra upkeep costs on people who aren't allowed to mold chakra for techniques. None of these people are going to want to put points in the chakra stat just for this one thing, especially not when in canon it doesn't cost any chakra to use.
Roy
Black Ops
Black Ops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ander on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:27 am

I think he asked about it actaully be able to heal wounds, and what re-engise meant?

The buff question is still there as well.

Just because he's asking that, doesnt mean he's nerfing. This is probably why no one has written back on this.

Just saying.
Ander
Chuunin
Chuunin

Character Sheet
Ryo: 1950
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Momoko on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:46 pm

I'm sorry to clutter this topic but I have not written back because I figured it could be resolved between Roy and Lelouch. If it comes down to it, I'm more than willing to help either one out in this process but I realize how tedious it can be dealing with multiple members of staff at once. That is why I figured I'd leave it to Lelouch to handle.

If I'm needed, I'm always available via PM.

Momoko
Black Ops
Black Ops

Character Sheet
Ryo: 3000
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:06 pm

I just want some clarification lol. Sorry for the late reply. I did post I was sick, but I'm feeling better now. Kinda.
Lelouch
Sannin
Sannin

Character Sheet
Ryo: 2000
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content