Do you like the system?

55% 55% 
[ 6 ]
45% 45% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

VOTE NOW

Post by Hakai Hozuki on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:09 pm

What do you think with how the specialties are being set up? READ HERE: http://www.narutold.com/t1536-ninja-specialties-wip

LMK what you think.
Hakai Hozuki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTE NOW

Post by Levi on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:50 am

Voted Yes, its cool i like the limits on it.
Levi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Akiha on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:01 am

I can't stop hating "weaponry" and all the confusion and junk that goes with it. What....constitutes....a....weaponry....jutsu? Where is the line between Kenjutsu and...."weaponry"? Is it not....taijutsu? With weapons involved? BAH!

Alas. I will abide by whatever Hakai-ousama dictates. He is king. Hail.

The Akiha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizuma Jigoku on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:47 am

Magical.....

Name: Jigokugan [Cancer Hell]
Type: Kekkei Genkai
Description: Raises the perception of the user allowing them to see clearer and react 5% faster. Also allows the user to use their Nether chakra. this is only on one eye and the image in the eye will never leave, whether the Jigokugan's abilities are active or not. The user can also mimic the handsigns of the opponent only, not the jutsu.

Rizuma Jigoku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hakai Hozuki on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:45 am

@The Akiha wrote:I can't stop hating "weaponry" and all the confusion and junk that goes with it. What....constitutes....a....weaponry....jutsu? Where is the line between Kenjutsu and...."weaponry"? Is it not....taijutsu? With weapons involved? BAH!

Did you read the system? I made tried to make it pretty clear what weaponry is.. I can add more detail if you want. I wrote the whole thing in about 30 min. So i will add some more details if you think. Kenjutsu is swords, weaponry is blunt weapons and projectiles. (Blunt weapons is like bo staff, and GIANT HAMMERS etc.)
Hakai Hozuki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Akiha on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Ok but how long is a dagger supposed to be before it's a sword and thusly Kenjutsu? Or a short sword? Is that ken or "weaponry"?

And why the crap would I need a jutsu...fueled by chakra....to hit someone with a hammer? Or to throw a bunch of kunai at them, as long as I can hold all those kunai in my hands? Or to wield a bo staff? I wield a bo staff now and I obviously have no chakra fueling the thing. Yet I kick @$$ with it quite well.

Plain fighting with weapons is not jutsu.
Jutsu (術; Literally meaning "skills/techniques") are the mystical arts a ninja will utilise in battle. To use a technique, the ninja will need to use their chakra. To perform a technique, the ninja will bring out and release the two energies of chakra.
That is from here. That non-chakra-using Taijutsu techniques require jutsus are bad enough, (Not your doing, Ousama, that's how it is in canon), as I can beat the crap out of someone without a jutsu all on my onesie. As can everyone else.

It just doesn't make any sense to me that weaponry needs to be a specialty. As if you can't use weapons sealed in scrolls unless you have weaponry. Although many ninja in canon used weapons in scrolls, or just weapons, without any "weaponry" specialty. I don't see the point of it at all. It would qualify as either ninjutsu or taijutsu with accompaniment of a weapon. That's all.

The Akiha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hakai Hozuki on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:29 pm

@The Akiha wrote:Ok but how long is a dagger supposed to be before it's a sword and thusly Kenjutsu? Or a short sword? Is that ken or "weaponry"?

And why the crap would I need a jutsu...fueled by chakra....to hit someone with a hammer? Or to throw a bunch of kunai at them, as long as I can hold all those kunai in my hands? Or to wield a bo staff? I wield a bo staff now and I obviously have no chakra fueling the thing. Yet I kick @$$ with it quite well.

Plain fighting with weapons is not jutsu.
Jutsu (術; Literally meaning "skills/techniques") are the mystical arts a ninja will utilise in battle. To use a technique, the ninja will need to use their chakra. To perform a technique, the ninja will bring out and release the two energies of chakra.
That is from here. That non-chakra-using Taijutsu techniques require jutsus are bad enough, (Not your doing, Ousama, that's how it is in canon), as I can beat the crap out of someone without a jutsu all on my onesie. As can everyone else.

It just doesn't make any sense to me that weaponry needs to be a specialty. As if you can't use weapons sealed in scrolls unless you have weaponry. Although many ninja in canon used weapons in scrolls, or just weapons, without any "weaponry" specialty. I don't see the point of it at all. It would qualify as either ninjutsu or taijutsu with accompaniment of a weapon. That's all.

I think you are making it WAY more complicated than it needs to be. For starters on the whole dagger v sword thing. Its up to the user to be moderate in the size of their weapons. The difference is you won't be able to use Kenjutsu technique, such as cloud style: flaming execution. Also I would nerf dagger not being any longer than two feet. lol

On your other points, YOU DO NOT NEED A JUTSU DO SIMPLY ATTACK. That needs to be clear and something most people don't understand. Look at Kisame he was a swordmaster and never once used a kenjutsu technique. IN rping people chose to write out techniques, my character who uses kenjutsu has maybe two techniques. Weaponry is the same thing you don't need jutsu to throw 10 kunai or hit with a bo staff. You can just RPing do it as it simply fighting with your character. You do need jutsu when you are doing something not normally physically possible. Such as summoning 1000s of kunai from scrolls all aimed perfectly at one target. OR controlling an umbrella to fly in to the air and release a storm of razor sharp needles. Weaponry is also the control over explosive tag techniques. Such as when you throw a kunai with a pouch attach, when it fly near an opponent you release chakra to open the pouch. Upon the pouch opening it releases 100s of mini explosive tags, which you then control with your chakra to fly around an opponent. BOOM, end of technique. (Jutsu is call cherry blossom destruction or something like that. )

In the canon no one utlizes scrolls like Tenten, that we have seen. She makes mention in the chunin exam to another shinobi with the same fighting style. But Weaponry covers all the following canon abilities: Umbrella style jutsu(rain ninja), Explosive tag jutsuz(Hanzo of the rain was a weaponry style user, using a unique weapon and explosive tag jutsu), blunt weaponry (3rd Hokage, was a master of the bo staff. Able to fight both the 2nd and 1st hokage with it in close range. He also specialized in Ninjutsu and sealing arts, weaponry would be is 3rd ability. )

Overall Weaponry is EXTREMELY POWERFUL, its put in its own unique category on most sites because of its power. As able to use both ninjutsu and these weaponry techniques are truly make you character highly oped. Its why they need to be separate as they are unique uses of chakra with unique styles and outcomes. LMK If this helped at all.

@ EVERYONE WHO VOTED: PLEASE POST WHY YOU VOTE YES OR NO. AS THE VOTE IS SO CLOSE WE WANT OPINIONS TO MAKE THE FINAL DECISION. THIS IS THE LAST THING SYSTEM BEFORE WE ARE FULLY OPEN AND READY TO GO!
Hakai Hozuki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Akiha on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:33 pm

I still think having a specialty set aside for weaponry is meh. But it's not my call.

If I use a dagger, do I have to have weaponry as a specialty? Do I not get to use a dagger if I don't have weaponry? What weapons do I not get to use unless I have weaponry? Because trust me, someone somewhere along the line will throw a hissy fit about it and you'll have to have an answer.

I personally don't have to care because none of my characters use it. So it doesn't affect me at all. I'm just trying to bring things up that will probably need to be answered for later use.

The Akiha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hakai Hozuki on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:40 am

@The Akiha wrote:I still think having a specialty set aside for weaponry is meh. But it's not my call.

If I use a dagger, do I have to have weaponry as a specialty? Do I not get to use a dagger if I don't have weaponry? What weapons do I not get to use unless I have weaponry? Because trust me, someone somewhere along the line will throw a hissy fit about it and you'll have to have an answer.

I personally don't have to care because none of my characters use it. So it doesn't affect me at all. I'm just trying to bring things up that will probably need to be answered for later use.

Everyone is allowed to get one free weapon from creation. From there if you want more than one you must have the speciality. But things like standard kunai or a normal dagger, you have have with moderation. I mean your character shouldn't have 300 dagger but if they had a couple it wouldn't be a big deal. But if a weaponry user had the same dagger they could use it to much higher skill level.
Hakai Hozuki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kousuke on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:04 am

I didn't vote, but I can dig the system.
Kousuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top